Aruba Technical Publications

0 Kudos

Aruba RAP-3 Remote Access Point Aruba Data Sheet

I had a couple of these delivered (orderd by someone on leave) and was unsure what the difference was between the 2 models.  I would love to see it in that PDF for it to simply say that the RAP-3WNP has PoE.  If you look at the specs you can see further down that the specifc model has PoE but only when talking about power consumption.  Why not put that on the line where is says "It is also available with an 802.3af power-over-Ethernet (PoE) port for IP phones or other devices."

Make it read something like:

"It is also available with an 802.3af power-over-Ethernet (PoE) port for IP phones or other devices (Model:RAP-3WNP).

I know this may seem trivial, but when you are remotely provisioning these for someone and you don't know what the model differences are and they have a VoIP phone it is helpful to know if you are going to need to order them a power injector or not.

Comments
Regular Contributor I

Very true.  We just found this out as well.  After trying and trying with a regular one, reading the documentation "Note" gave us the hint that the other model is the POE capable.