ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

3.4.x.x vs 3.3.2.x

how's the 3.4.x.x code line looking in production?

Any issue over 3.3.2.x line?

We're looking to upgrade and wanted to get some opinions first.

thanks!
Guru Elite

3.4.x

thanks!

r_harris,

Plenty of functionality has been added. You would have to download the 3.4.0.6 and 3.4.1 release notes to take it all in. As for the "how is it looking in production", I will let the community answer.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Works great!

thanks!

We've pushed out 3.4.0.4 to 30 controllers across our enterprise about 3 weeks ago and it's been smooth sailing. The new 3.4.x code comes with several wizards to help set up the controllers if you're new to the Aruba game. (Controller setup wizard, AP provisioning wizard, WLAN wizard and License Wizard)
We're going to 3.4.1 soon. You shouldn't have any concerns moving forward. It's solid.
Frequent Contributor I

Re: 3.4.x.x vs 3.3.2.x

Reading the release notes, it seems the config file from 3.3.2.X is not compatible with 3.4.X, is this correct? If so, do you need to wipe the controller clean after installing 3.4.X and reconfigure from scratch?
Thanks,

Marcelo
University of Denver
Marcelo Lew
Wireless Network Architect-Engineer
University of Denver

Expect an outage, but the only part of the config that didn't seem to transfer over is the authentication. You'll have to redo your server groups, etc.
Guru Elite

Upgrade/Downgrade

Reading the release notes, it seems the config file from 3.3.2.X is not compatible with 3.4.X, is this correct? If so, do you need to wipe the controller clean after installing 3.4.X and reconfigure from scratch?
Thanks,

Marcelo
University of Denver

Marcelo,

According to the 3.4.1 upgrade guide, you CAN upgrade from 3.3.2.x to 3.4.x without wiping. BEFORE you upgrade, you want to copy the running configuration that you have under 3.3.2.x to a file on the controller. If you have to downgrade from 3.4.x, you THEN want to boot from that configuration file, since the 3.4 file cannot be downgraded or read by the 3.3.2.x installation.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Last I looked at the release notes/upgrade guide for moving from 3.3 to 3.4, I saw mention of contacting TAC for updated configs? Does that step still exist, or can I just slap 3.4 on there and let it upgrade the config for me?
Aruba

3.4.x.x vs 3.3.2.x

A 3.3. to 3.4 upgrade is pretty straightforward.

Just follow your usual process, e.g. make a back-up first, proceed with
the upgrade.

The only caveat I can think of is upon downgrading, you will see that
the local database entries will need some rework if you migrate back
down from 3.4 to 3.3, however if you know that in advance, that too is
not a big issue.

JF
Aruba Employee

I did a direct upgrade from 3.3.2.19 to 3.4.1.0 in my lab, no issues whatsoever. Another user mentioned auth server config loss, but I didn't see that with my two RADIUS server configs and my server group.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: