ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

802.1x authentication with FreeRadius

Redhat is FreeRadius in my network. i configure the controller3200 that is Aruba OS version 6.1.2.2 to authentication with FreeRadius
I add radius client in client.conf in FreeRadius already after i add ip address of FreeRadius and secret in the controller
I use Diagnostics for testing and i see that PAP is authentication successful but the MSCHAPv2 is authentication failed
i understand that Redhat is not support MSCHAPv2 please help me...
Aruba Employee

Re: 802.1x authentication with FreeRadius

If the backend of the RADIUS infrastructure does not support MSCHAP, then you'll need to use GTC to send the password non-hashed to the RADIUS backend. Apple supports this natively, but Windows machines require a 3rd party plugin or supplicant.
Guru Elite

Redhat is FreeRadius in my network. i configure the controller3200 that is Aruba OS version 6.1.2.2 to authentication with FreeRadius
I add radius client in client.conf in FreeRadius already after i add ip address of FreeRadius and secret in the controller
I use Diagnostics for testing and i see that PAP is authentication successful but the MSCHAPv2 is authentication failed
i understand that Redhat is not support MSCHAPv2 please help me...

MSCHAPv2 is more dependent on what backend database you integrate with; http://deployingradius.com/documents/protocols/compatibility.html

If you integrate Freeradius with active directory, you can do this. there are more pages on the deploying radius website that detail how to do this.

If you would like, you can download a special Windows version of Freeradius, already setup for Mschapv2. You can use some of the parameters from there for your Linux Setup:

url: https://iris.arubanetworks.com
code: 9e04ef1bec5971924cef9dc0b2631fba

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor II

Thanks very much
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: