ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

802x auth user name is not displayed

Hello,

I am having a 3400 controller with ArubaOS 5.0.3.0 , when the users are doing the 802.1x authendicaiton I am not able to see thier name in the controller.

this is not happening for all the clients only 40 % of the clients are having the issues. some time they reflect and some time not..

Pls advise..

Thanks and Regards,
Alex George.
Guru Elite

Re: 802x auth user name is not displayed

What is showing for the username? Many 802.1x supplicants have the option of putting an anonymous name that shows instead of the username. If you are using freeradius, there is an option to reveal that to the controller, but most other radius servers, you are out of luck.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor II

we are using windows 2003 radius server, and I can see the user name domain name\user name of the (test\alexgeorge) user in the controller.

some time it is reflected after that I gets disappeared..:confused:

Alex
Guru Elite

Does the whole entry for the user in the user table, or just the username disappear? If the whole entry disappeared, that probably means that the user was inactive or roamed out of coverage...

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Username Blank

I'm having a similar problem, I have a customer that is using both External Radius server for authorization for one SSID, and using the Controller internal Database for authorization on a 2nd SSID. The Radius server being used is native to Windows 2003 Server IAS. However Under Controller > Clients listed under the clients the UserName is Blank as well as the Authentication Method. All of the other fields are Populated. Customer is currently running Version 5.0.3.2.
Should the Username for the internally authenticated users at least show up?
Aruba Employee

What role is the user shown as being in, when the username and auth method aren't shown?
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: