ArubaOS and Controllers

Regular Contributor I

AP, down for months, reboots but profile has been deleted

Hi all,

We have some APs in the field that have been been turned down for months-long renovations that will be coming back online soon. The last profile they last had is deprecated, replaced by a new profile. I've been hesitant to delete the old profile from the controller because I'm not sure what the APs will do at reboot if their last-known profile disappeared?

Does anyone know what the AP will do if the controller no longer has it's last known profile? I'm sure the first thing the AP will do is upgrade, after that I have no idea.

I'd like to remove the old profiles if possible.

Thanks!
Mike
Occasional Contributor II

Re: AP, down for months, reboots but profile has been deleted

we had a few APs down for a building renovation and had upgraded the image during that time. The APs just upgraded like normal, rebooted themselves and they were fine. Just had to plug them in!
Guru Elite

AP-Group?

Are you saying that the AP-groups have been deleted? If that is the case, the APs will come up, but be inactive and in the AP installation screen they will have a flag called "No Such Group". You can then reprovision the ap to an existing group after that, and they will work.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Regular Contributor I

Re: AP, down for months, reboots but profile has been deleted

Yes, Colin, that's the scenario. Now I know what to expect when they come back online. Thanks!!
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: