ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

AP is resource constrained?

I'm seeing the following message from a number of differing APs:

To my knowledge we don't have anything specific configured which would cause this and on investigation the AP only has 1 user connected and its bandwidth usage is low.

Does anyone have pointers to what this might be please?

Cheers
Jason

Guru Elite

Load Balancing

Jason,

Are you using any type of load balancing?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Re: AP is resource constrained?

Hi,

Load balancing is turned off. I just found an article on this error on the Aruba KB which states:

However based on graphs from AMP, this AP has only ever seen a max of 4 clients.

Guru Elite

Resource Constrained

Jl,

These messages would occur if you are have Spectrum Load Balancing enabled.

The AP would do this to signify to the client to NOT associate to that access point.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Re: AP is resource constrained?

Just checked and our current firmware doesn't support spectrum load balancing. The only similar technology we have turned on is band steering.

Edit: I've turned off band steering and have not seen a reoccurance of the error message.
Guru Elite

Band Steering

Just checked and our current firmware doesn't support spectrum load balancing. The only similar technology we have turned on is band steering.

Edit: I've turned off band steering and have not seen a reoccurance of the error message.

That message is also seen when users are being "band-steered" to a different band. It is not a bad thing, the AP is just telling the client to try a different AP or band.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: