ArubaOS and Controllers

MVP

AP troubleshooting

All,

I'm not sure if this is the proper category for this question, but I'll give it a go.

I'd like to know how the forum users diagnose and troubleshoot a bouncing access point? I've verified the switch port, replaced the PoE injector, and now I'm looking to dig down into the AP to try and figure out what it is seeing.

The radio is bouncing every 30 minutes or so. Airwave 7.0.10 shows the data break about every 30 mins+.

Is there a way to get more diagnostic information from the radio? Or, is this just a case where forum users would RMA the radio?

Thanks for any help that you can offer!

-Mike
Guru Elite

show log system

All,

I'm not sure if this is the proper category for this question, but I'll give it a go.

I'd like to know how the forum users diagnose and troubleshoot a bouncing access point? I've verified the switch port, replaced the PoE injector, and now I'm looking to dig down into the AP to try and figure out what it is seeing.

The radio is bouncing every 30 minutes or so. Airwave 7.0.10 shows the data break about every 30 mins+.

Is there a way to get more diagnostic information from the radio? Or, is this just a case where forum users would RMA the radio?

Thanks for any help that you can offer!

-Mike

A good start is to do a "show ap debug system-status ap-name ". This command will list why an access point is rebooting or rebootstrapping:

(m3.arubanetworks.com) # show ap debug system-status ap-name cjoseph-rap5

Reboot Information
------------------
(none found)
------------

Rebootstrap Information
-----------------------
Date Time Reason (Latest 10)
--------------------------------------
1999-12-31 16:00:42 Changing to LMS #0 (24.31.249.247)
2010-08-31 18:11:50 Missed heartbeats on split-tunnel
2010-08-31 18:12:31 Changing to LMS #0 (24.31.249.247)

Rebootstrap LMS
---------------
2010-08-31 18:12:31 Changing to LMS #0 (24.31.249.247)
-------------------------------------------------------

Crash Information
-----------------
(none found)
------------

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

Re: AP troubleshooting

Hi Colin,

Thanks for that command! I ran this command against a problem AP and I didn't have any reboot or rebootstrap information.

Is there another command that may help get to the bottom of this?

Thanks for the response, it is definitely appreciated!

-Mike
Aruba Employee

Re: AP troubleshooting

By "the radio is bouncing", do you mean that the AP "only" changes channel ?

a show ap bss-table will tell you the uptime of the SSID. This should be way longer than 30 minutes.
a show ap arm history will tell you if there were any changes made to the channel/power settings

Cheers.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: