ArubaOS and Controllers

Frequent Contributor II

AP125 gone inactive

Hi all, got an A200 test unit running 3.3.2.17 and an AP125 and an AP61. The 61 does normal G and the 125 does N over A only.

Its been fine, so today I copied across partition 0 to 1 and then reboot into partition 1. All came backup but could not access n. So, switched back to 0, still the same.

It all looks fine on the WEBUI, powers, SSIDs etc, lights are on the APs. But, if I go into AP activity for the 125 it showes AP Inactive in red :confused::confused:

I provisioned the 125 onto the g AP group, it showes activity on the g band but on the a its in active.

Really don't know why this has happend, any ideas??
Guru Elite

Poll

I'm taking a poll.

Should he:

- Start from Scratch
- Open a support ticket

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

logs logs logs

When an AP comes up as inactive "or with an 'i' flag", you can sometimes find the reasoning in either the error, system, and/or wireless logs. I would check there first.
==========
Ryan Holland, ACDX #1 ACMX #1
The Ohio State University
Guru Elite

Joke

That was a joke, by the way...

If you do a "show ap database", the FLAGS column will tell you why an AP is inactive. If you merely have one band disabled, the AP probably will not have a flag next to it.

If you want an exhaustive list of where an AP is getting it's configuration and from what profiles, do a "show ap config ap-name " This will at least give you a starting point.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor II

Re: AP125 gone inactive

Hi all, yer I've checked the database etc.. All looks ok, I think it shows inactive when there is no activity on the AP rather than if its "I". Might be my NIC takes a while to find it.

Anyway, during the fault finding process I loaded up 3.3.1.29 code onto the A200 which resulted in the GUI being broken and not loading correctly! So I flipped to the other partition (3.3.2.17) and all was well. I also tried upgrading the partition and then booting to it but got the same thing. Very odd.

Anyway, at the moment I've got a 300Mbps connection using the Netgear dongle :D so will just try rebooting and power cycling to see how it reacts.

Thanks for the help. ;)
Guru Elite

Ah

Ok,

Your biggest problem is that there is NO support for 802.11n (AP12x) on the 3.3.1.x. Aruba began with 802.11n on the 3.3.2.x train. Do NOT go back to 3.3.1.x not only because there is no support for 802.11n, but there have been quite a few commands added to 3.3.2.x which do not translate back to 3.3.1.x. 3.3.1.x is end of life as well, so do not run anything on it. All your issues can be fixed on either the current 3.3.2.x OR 3.4.x.

Colin Joseph

Frequent Contributor II

Re: AP125 gone inactive

Sorry that was a typo, should have been 3.3.2 code. I found out why the GUI was broken, using IE8 in IE7 mode causes the problem. If I switch to full IE8, its fine. Now testing the new 3.4 code and looking good.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: