ArubaOS and Controllers

Frequent Contributor II

APs go inactive when upgrading to OS5.x

Anyone encountered this?

When I upgrade the code on my M3Mk1 controllers, some, not all of my access points do not come back online. They have an "I" flag meaning they are inactive.

The upgrade is from OS 3.4.3.2 to any version 5 code and it doesn't seem to matter which version of 5, I still get the problem.

All of my access points are either AP105 or AP125 and both models are affected.
Aruba

I would check licensing and CPSEC

IF its a subset of APs that are "Inactive" after the upgrade I would be inclined to check :

a) Licensing - Check the license usage and ensure AP, PEF-NG and WIP licensing are all at, or greater than, the total AP count.

b) CPSEC settings - If you are using Bridge mode on the APs and CPSEC, some of the APs could be 'stuck' in the certificate process.

c) Log file 'show log all 20' and see if there are indicates of why the APs are sticking in Inactive.
Frequent Contributor II

doesn't seem to be licensing and CPSEC

IF its a subset of APs that are "Inactive" after the upgrade I would be inclined to check :

a) Licensing - Check the license usage and ensure AP, PEF-NG and WIP licensing are all at, or greater than, the total AP count.

b) CPSEC settings - If you are using Bridge mode on the APs and CPSEC, some of the APs could be 'stuck' in the certificate process.

c) Log file 'show log all 20' and see if there are indicates of why the APs are sticking in Inactive.

Thanks for the comments/suggestions jfernyc,

Doesn't look like it is a licensing issue. I am licensed for roughly twice the number of APs that I have deployed.

All of my access points are in tunnel mode so unless there is something else related to this??? BTW:o: time for my dumb question of the day, what does CPSEC stand for?

I had a look at my logs and see nothing that suggests to me what could be the problem. I have noticed however that it always seems to be the same APs that have the problem so it is not quite so random as I had originally thought.

I have opened a case and have scheduled a webx with Aruba support to have a look at the problem. Hopefully they will be able to figure out what is happening.
Aruba Employee

Re: APs go inactive when upgrading to OS5.x

Hi Terry,

CPSec = Control Plane Security

The control plane traffic is secured by using IPSec with digital certificates.

Thanks,
Manish
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: