ArubaOS and Controllers

Aruba Employee

APs switching to AMs with clients connected

Question, in one of my sites I see APs switching to AMs (mode aware enabled) when clients are connected to the AP in question. I also see AP to AM switching a bit too frequently. Meaning one is an AM for an hour, then it switches back to AP and a neighboring AP becomes and AM for a bit, then other. Any ideas?

EDIT: Running AOS 3.3.2.19.
Aruba Employee

Re: APs switching to AMs with clients connected

Secondary question. Is there any way I can see why a client was moved from one AP to another?
Guru Elite

Question, in one of my sites I see APs switching to AMs (mode aware enabled) when clients are connected to the AP in question. I also see AP to AM switching a bit too frequently. Meaning one is an AM for an hour, then it switches back to AP and a neighboring AP becomes and AM for a bit, then other. Any ideas?

EDIT: Running AOS 3.3.2.19.

There was a recently fixed bug concerning AP125s specifically and Arm Mode-Aware in ArubaOS 3.3.2.20

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Guru Elite

User-debug

The client still makes the majority of decisions. If you use user debug, it will say that the client moved, but the client itself never says why.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba Employee

Thanks Colin. This site has all 65s, so I'm not sure it was the bug. I'll be sure to do the debug next time, but I found two things. First, the user's driver was very old, second, Station Handoff Assist was turned on without any of its thresholds being set. SHA is now off, like it should be, and the driver was updated. Didn't observe any more bouncing around.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: