ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

ARM and AP Interference

I'm having issues with some APs in certain locations of my building. When I go to my controllers and look at the ARM history I see that there are "interference" and "error threshold exceeded" messages. When I view the ARM State information I see the SNR is higher for the two radios having interference and error threshold messages. What is an acceptable SNR level and is it normal to see the interference and error threshold messages?

Attached are the results from the commands. The APs in question are RRMC1.7 and RRMC0.19.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Guru Elite

Re: ARM and AP Interference

All of the numbers that you see can mean different things depending on the environment. Let's start at the beginning: What issues are you having?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Users in the area's that these APs are located in are getting disconnected from the network for short periods of time. While working in a Citrix session, Outlook, and Internet Explorer they get disconnected or page cannot be displayed. This is usually for a brief period of time 30 seconds to 2 min max.

I haven't been able to replicate the issue on my laptop because it happens so quickly and sporadically that I don't have time to go to the area to troubleshoot. I have updated the drivers on all of the laptops in this area and set their roaming aggressiveness to the highest setting.
Guru Elite

How many users are on the wireless at a time? Do the wireless clients share a subnet with wired clients?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

We have between 500-600 users on the system during business hours. In that area there maybe between 5-8 users on either of the access points.

I pool all of those users across three /24 VLANs
Guru Elite

Are any of those 3 VLANs sharing a subnet with wired clients?

Do you have Broadcast filtering on? http://airheads.arubanetworks.com/vBulletin/showpost.php?p=5162&postcount=5

Colin Joseph

Those VLANs are just for the wireless client. I'm not blocking broadcast messages.
Guru Elite

You should consider flitering broadcasts. As more and more clients come on the network, more broadcasts are propagated and congestion increases. At minimum, you will improve your throughput.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: