ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

Android, 802.1x

HI, MY CUSTOMER IS HAVING PROBLEMS TO CONNECT SMARTPHONES
Brand: Samsung
Model: Modelo Galaxy Mini
Android, ver.2.2.1
TO ACCESS Skype, Viber, WhatsApp, Internet AND INTERNAL NETWORK WITH 802.1X. ALL LAPTOPS, IPHONES AND IPAD´S WORK FINE.
DO YOU KNOW WHAT COULD BE HAPPENING AND IF THIS KIND OF SMARTPHONES ARE SUPPORTED?. ANY HELP OR SUGGESTION WILL BE APPRECIATED. THANKS
Guru Elite

Re: Android, 802.1x

What version of code is the customer running?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

3.4.1.0 on 3200
Aruba Employee

I have a 2.3.4 Android device connected to my controller (6.1.2.2) just fine.

Turn on debugging for the MAC address of the phone (CLI -> "logging level debug user-deubg xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx", then retry the connection. Then, do a "show auth-tracebuf" and "show log user-debug all". If you dont see anything obvious in the logs or auth-tracebuf, paste the output here and we will take a look at it.
MVP

There's a bug in Android version 2.2 which might be causing this issue.

Source

Is it possible to test an Android phone on a different OS version?
Cheers
James

-------------------------------------------------------
-------------------@whereisjrw-------------------
------------------------blog-------------------------
ACCX #540 | ACMX #353 | ACDX #216
-----------Mobility First Expert #11----------
-------------------------------------------------------

If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Guru Elite

You can try unchecking "Firewall Prevent ARP spoofing" to work around the issue for now.

config t
no firewall prohibit-arp-spoofing

There is an issue that was fixed in ArubaOS 3.4.5, where Android OS cannot pass traffic if prohibit-arp-spoofing is enabled.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Proxy

I found that customer has a proxy server and content filter for internet access. The problem arise as some android phones are not able to configure a proxy server. And for the web content filter where necessary to add phones ip´s in order to access internet w/o restrictions. Thanks again to everyone. Now the problem was found and will be take care of it.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: