ArubaOS and Controllers

Regular Contributor I

Anyone connecting to Juniper MX routers?

Hi All,

(this is also cross-posted to EDUCAUSE WIRELESS-LAN)

Wondering if anyone has Aruba controllers connecting directly to Juniper MX series routers. We are migrating all our controllers from a single (L2/L3) Cisco 6509 to two MX480s. The goal is to dual-home each controller to the MX480s (one 10G link going to each of the two routers). All equipment currently resides in the same physical location though this will likely change in about a year.

I'd be interested to learn how you configured the connections (e.g. VRRP, VPLS, OSPF enabled on the controllers..) and if things are working smoothly.

Thanks!
-Mike
bt4
Occasional Contributor II

Re: Anyone connecting to Juniper MX routers?

Hi Mike

Is there anything special about these routers? I am not familiar with Juniper, but I would expect that if you are using standard protocols then it should not matter what the make or model is.

Ben
Guru Elite

Re: Anyone connecting to Juniper MX routers?

Hi All,

(this is also cross-posted to EDUCAUSE WIRELESS-LAN)

Wondering if anyone has Aruba controllers connecting directly to Juniper MX series routers. We are migrating all our controllers from a single (L2/L3) Cisco 6509 to two MX480s. The goal is to dual-home each controller to the MX480s (one 10G link going to each of the two routers). All equipment currently resides in the same physical location though this will likely change in about a year.

I'd be interested to learn how you configured the connections (e.g. VRRP, VPLS, OSPF enabled on the controllers..) and if things are working smoothly.

Thanks!
-Mike

it is probably recommended that you NOT run OSPF on the controllers and layer-2 connect them to your Juniper infrastructure so that your Juniper can do routing for all your subnets. This is so that you can have the controller simply place clients on a redundant routing infrastructure that you have already created. When putting a VRRP instance on the controllers, ensure tat you put a password on your VRRP so that it does not inadvertently conflict with any other VRRP instances in your Juniper infrastructure.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: