ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

Aruba 2400 Controller

Hi,

I'm new with Aruba systems. Our College had bought Aruba 3400 controller with OS version 3.3.2.13 to use for campuswide wifi. I was able to use the two AP using captive portal (providing user account DB). However, I just observed that one created user can be used to as many computers. How can I elimitate this? We need to use only one session per user account.

Please help

Thanks,

BOni
Guru Elite

Upgrade

You would need to upgrade to ArubaOS 3.4.1, which, via the Captive Portal authentication profile will allow you to enforce the single-user option. Your only alternative is to use a radius server that prevents this behavior. You would of course have to host all of your users on that radius server.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba Employee

Re: Aruba 2400 Controller

BOni,

First, you need to upgrade to 3.4.1.x, then in the Captive Portal profile, enable the "Allow only one active user session" option. That should stop the behavior you are noticing.

upgrade

can you teach me on upgrading the OS?

Thanks a lot.

BOni
Guru Elite

http://support.arubanetworks.com

You would need to send an email request to support@arubanetworks.com with the serialnumber of your controller to get your own support account and access to downloads.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba 3400 controller

Thanks a lot for the help. I really appreciates it. My OS is now updated.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: