ArubaOS and Controllers

Contributor I

Aruba 650 Updating Subnet Problem

Hey there, when I try to update the subnet (need to expand our network a little) on our 650 Controller I get the following error:
"Error occured while executing CLI command :interface vlan 1 ip address 192.168.x.x 255.255.252.0:Error:IP Address Matches the master ip"
Any ideas on how I can make this change, I'm not trying to change the actual IP or anything (BTW, I get the same error if I go straight to the CLI).
thanks in advance
Steve
Guru Elite

Re: Aruba 650 Updating Subnet Problem

Here is how you might want to do this from the console (so you don't get disconnected):

config t
vlan 200
interface vlan 200
ip address 1.1.1.1 255.255.255.0
exit
controller-ip vlan 200
interface vlan 1
ip address
exit
controller-ip vlan 1

The controller does not allow changes to the switchip. You have to indicate that another interface is the switchip and then change VLAN 1.

Let us know if this works.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

hmmm, I was wondering about that. I actually have an IP setup for it on another VLAN but when I was first setting this system up when I changed the Master IP to it I lost control of all the AP's (they are all on VLAN 1) so I'm worried about that happening if I run this procedure. Maybe I'll have to plan this for off hours where the AP's rebooting and getting lost for a while won't matter. Thanks for you help on this
Steve
Guru Elite

You will need to reboot the controller to do the controller-ip switch. After hours is best.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: