ArubaOS and Controllers

Contributor I

Aruba 650 Updating Subnet Problem

Hey there, when I try to update the subnet (need to expand our network a little) on our 650 Controller I get the following error:
"Error occured while executing CLI command :interface vlan 1 ip address 192.168.x.x 255.255.252.0:Error:IP Address Matches the master ip"
Any ideas on how I can make this change, I'm not trying to change the actual IP or anything (BTW, I get the same error if I go straight to the CLI).
thanks in advance
Steve
Guru Elite

Re: Aruba 650 Updating Subnet Problem

Here is how you might want to do this from the console (so you don't get disconnected):

config t
vlan 200
interface vlan 200
ip address 1.1.1.1 255.255.255.0
exit
controller-ip vlan 200
interface vlan 1
ip address
exit
controller-ip vlan 1

The controller does not allow changes to the switchip. You have to indicate that another interface is the switchip and then change VLAN 1.

Let us know if this works.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Contributor I

hmmm, I was wondering about that. I actually have an IP setup for it on another VLAN but when I was first setting this system up when I changed the Master IP to it I lost control of all the AP's (they are all on VLAN 1) so I'm worried about that happening if I run this procedure. Maybe I'll have to plan this for off hours where the AP's rebooting and getting lost for a while won't matter. Thanks for you help on this
Steve
Guru Elite

You will need to reboot the controller to do the controller-ip switch. After hours is best.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: