ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

Aruba 651 and PoE

Aruba controller 651 with last ArubaOS 6.1.2.3 in my company has problem. I don't have access to PoE-function and see next text: "POE Status of the port is UNLICENSED". Why?

In the last versions of ArubaOS the additional license on PoE isn't necessary. Or I am not right?

Thanks
Guru Elite

Re: Aruba 651 and PoE

The Aruba 651 does have a license for POE. If you do a write erase all, it will remove the licenses, and you will not be able to use POE. You normally would go to the licensing site (licensing.arubanetworks.com) and click on Certificate Management > Import preloaded Certificates. Enter the serialnumber of the Controller, and it will give you back the POE license activation key that you can paste into the controller. If you don't have a login, please email TAC so that they can send you the keys back.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

I past SerialID, but not see ID-key for PoE. Where I can find it?

Guru Elite

Are you sure you have the serialnumber correct? Go to configuration> tab and in the middle of the page that should have a licensing tab that will tell you the correct serialnumber of the controller: http://kb.arubanetworks.com/cgi-bin/arubanetworks.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=926

If that does not work, please open a TAC case.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

If that does not work, please open a TAC case.

Yes. I have correct SerialID. I see such text during the second input of serial number: "Unable to import preloaded licenses!", but first input was successful.

I don't see the necessary key in section "my certificates" :(
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: