ArubaOS and Controllers

New Contributor

Aruba Networks - Ease of Use

We currently use Cisco WAPs, which I find too much of a pain in the ass. I'm considering switching to an Aruba 620 controller w/ Aruba 125 access points for our wireless.

What are your overall impressions on how easily a controller can be configured? Is the support responsive and knowledgeable?

Any help appreciated.
Occasional Contributor II

Re: Aruba Networks - Ease of Use

We currently use Cisco WAPs, which I find too much of a pain in the ass. I'm considering switching to an Aruba 620 controller w/ Aruba 125 access points for our wireless.

What are your overall impressions on how easily a controller can be configured? Is the support responsive and knowledgeable?

Any help appreciated.

There are a lot of options that can be configured in an Aruba controller. The process of setting up a usable service from scratch requires several different profiles to be created - however there is a Wizard which should take you through everything (I've never used it).

Personally I like the fact that there are so many options, it means I have confidence I'll be able to change a specific setting if I want - compared to other systems which only provide a small number of options for the entire service. However it could be quite daunting the first time, especially if you don't have someone to guide you through it.

We went through a fairly heavy eval and overall I was very impressed with the product itself and Aruba support (including this forum) and haven't had any cause to regret the decision.
Occasional Contributor II

Re: Aruba Networks - Ease of Use

The line I use when friends from other colleges ask me about m y Aruba experience is :

The first AP is a fair amount of work to get working as you need. The other 125000 are a snap !-)

The wizards help a lot to get up and running quickly PLUS you get all the buttons, slides, switches and options to tweak it into a killer service both for the users and the IT group.

And "user role" client/traffic classification is pretty sweet.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: