ArubaOS and Controllers

Aruba Employee

Aruba OS 5.0 Supported Hardware

Hi,

I'm writing to ask whether OS 5.0 is supported by a 2400 Aruba master controller running around a 1000 enterprise APs. Tried looking up some release notes for the OS but couldn't find any on the support page.

Thanks.
Aruba Employee

Re: Aruba OS 5.0 Supported Hardware

Yes the 2400 is still supported in AOS5.0. You should plan on upgrading to a 3000 series for your Master. The 2400 under powered to run 1,000 APs.

Gary
Aruba Employee

Planning to upgrade the controller soon.

Thanks Gary
Occasional Contributor II

IIRC ArubaOS 5.x will be the last to support the PPC architecture used in the 200, 2400 and Sup I/II. My test 200 currently runs 5.0.2 without problems.

Starting with version 6, only the MIPS architecture controllers (6xx, 3xxx, M3) will be supported.

IIRC ArubaOS 5.x will be the last to support the PPC architecture used in the 200, 2400 and Sup I/II. My test 200 currently runs 5.0.2 without problems.

Starting with version 6, only the MIPS architecture controllers (6xx, 3xxx, M3) will be supported.

curious about the 800 series then.... What does it use PPC or MIPS?
Guru Elite

800 will run on 5.0

The 800 will run 5.0

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Oh this I know, I have my 800 running 5.0.2.0 in my lab right now. Just curious if anyone knows if it will continue to support versions of aOS beyond 5.x chain.

Guru Elite

No 6.0 for the 800.

ArubaOS 6.0 when it comes out later this year will ONLY support the 600 series, the 3000 series and the M3 controller moving forward. ArubaOS 5.x will be the last one that supports the 800 controller.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

mhmh... MC200 ?
Guru Elite

Uh... No.

ArubaOS 6.0 will NOT support the 200 controller. The 600 series controllers are the projected replacement for the 200.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: