N/A

Aruba's New OUI

So what, exactly is an OUI?
An Organizationally Unique Identifier (OUI) is assigned by the IEEE registration authority. It is the unique 3 byte identifier given to every manufacturer that embeds MAC addresses into hardware. The first 3 bytes of every MAC address is the OUI. Aruba products currently use 00:0B:86, but that's about to change as we're running out of room. To facilitate this, the IEEE has given Aruba Networks a second OUI to use: 00:1A:1E.
Q: How do I check if a new AP I receive has this new OUI?
A: The easiest way is to look on the sticker of the AP- each AP includes both the serial number and MAC addresses allocated to that AP. If the MAC address starts with 00:1A:1E, then you have an AP with the new OUI assignment.
Q: What happens if I receive an AP address with this new OUI?
A: You should upgrade your controller to the latest patch version of your major version. The minimum versions you should upgrade to are as follows- 2.3.6.16; 2.5.2.12; 2.5.4.26; 2.5.5.8; 2.5.6.0; 3.1.1.4
Q: What happens if I don't upgrade?
A: The AP will still come up, and most features should still work. But, you will may have some inconsistencies with ARM, WIP and IP Mobility.
As always, for more information, please check out the appropriate release notes for your hardware and software. These are always available for download from the Aruba support site, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: