ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor I

Automatic provisionning for captive portal

Dear all,

Our goal is to provision a new generic account every sunday (or to change the password of an existing account).
The new account (or password) will be given to authorised people and will be valid for a week.

Is there a way to automate this ?

Thanks in advance
Emmanuel
Guru Elite

Kiwi

You can use Kiwi Cat tools to run the "local-userdb-guest-add" command and turn on SMTP on the controller to email the username and password: http://airheads.arubanetworks.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=897

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Re: Automatic provisionning for captive portal

Hello CJ,

So the solution is partly outside the product itself.

Thanks a lot for the quick solution.
Emmanuel
Guru Elite

Yes

Correct.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor II

We have a similar requirement in which our auto-provisioned guest account changes daily.
To do this we created the guest account in our Active Directory and added our IAS Servers to the server group for Captive Portal authentications.

To change the password we created a script that runs once per day on the IAS server. The script changes the guest user password and emails the new password to our client support center.
Guru Elite

Script

Tpelly,

Is there any way that you can post that script for the benefit of the rest of us?

Colin Joseph

Occasional Contributor I

Thank for the info.

Though I will use the internalDB for the captivePortal Logon and I will schedule a ssh command to the controler. Something like :

Another possible way is to create in advance many users with successives start and stop dates. This way I can batch create 52 users, one for each week for example.
Frequent Contributor II

Tpelly,

Is there any way that you can post that script for the benefit of the rest of us?

I will have to do a little editing to remove the "naughty bits" but will post a copy in this thread.

Update: the script is attached. Please keep in mind that I am not a Visual Basic programmer and did not write this script. I was written by the individual that manages our Active Directory accounts. In all likelihood I will be unable to answer questions related to the VBS programming within the script.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: