ArubaOS and Controllers

Frequent Contributor II

Bug in 3.3.1 remote APs not listed in Summary

Hi all, we upgraded from 3.3.1.15 to 3.3.1.20 on our three switches (two locals and one master) using around 120 remote APs. We found that NEW provisioned APs did not appear in the Network Summary, although the count is incremented. Also, in the RF plan they report 0 power channel 0.

Once we downgraded back to 15 it was all fine again.

We have three controllers, 2 A2400 and a 3400 and we use remote APs. The count is correct on the status but does not actually show anything in the list, only on the provisioned list. Def a bug.

James
Guru Elite

Open a case

James,

I would seriously consider upgrading to the soon-to-come 3.4 (there is no 3.3.3). The code train you are using is end of life, so if there is an issue, support will tell you upgrade to fix it. Those issues are cosmetic and will NOT be fixed in the 3.3.1.x train. In addition, the vast majority of fixes such as this one are being addressed 3.4 train. Please understand that your hardware is still being supported, but on later code revisions. When you upgrade from 3.3.1.x to 3.4 there is a difference in behavior that you need to be aware of concerning the LMS-IP parameter in the AP system profile when using remote APs, and you need to look out for this. Please consult support to find out the details of this BEFORE you upgrade.

From the End-of-Life Page: http://www.arubanetworks.com/support/announcements.php

3.3.1 Details:
* General Availability Date: January 22, 2008
* End-of-Life Announcement: March 9, 2009
* End-of-Development Date: July 22, 2009
* End-of-Support Date: January 22, 2010
Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs
Frequent Contributor II

Re: Bug in 3.3.1 remote APs not listed in Summary

Hi, I have contacted our support partnet but while I wait for furthe advice do you have further details or anything else we should watch out for.

I will be using the second partition and then booting from that in case we need to roll back.
Guru Elite

No

Nothing else to look out for..
Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs
Frequent Contributor II

Re: Bug in 3.3.1 remote APs not listed in Summary

I spoke to our support who said there are no specific issues with the LMS, unless you know otherwise? We run two locals and a master, all but one of our APs are remotes. The APs are had coded to go to each switch and we use AP profiles to push them onto the correct termination.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: