ArubaOS and Controllers

Contributor I

Bulk Addition of AP's

Hey guys,

Lookin' over the forums I didn't quite see what I was looking for and I thought I would make a thread.

I have a number of offline AP's that I wanted to add to the controller and then provision them so when we're ready to go, the controller already knows what to do.

I have read mentionings of adding them through the AP Wizard using a spreadsheet, but I am not seeing how to do that. If anyone could shed some light, it would be great. I appreciate that hand holding and the help in advance.

I'm currently running 6.1 and 5.0.3 in my lab.
Aruba

Clarification

Could you please clarify what you are trying to do, by 'pre provisioning' APs ?

Are you looking to whitelist a group of APS to be used for Remote AP applications or something different?
Aruba Employee

Re: Bulk Addition of AP's

I'm not sure what he's looking for, but I'd like to bulk add RAPs to the controller whitelist. If you could share that procedure, I'd find that very helpful.
Guru Elite

Local-userdb-ap add MAC MACaddress ap-group groupname ap-name name of ap

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

don
Contributor I

pre-provisioning AP's

Does the local-userdb-ap work for campus AP's as well as RAPs ?
Guru Elite

Does not.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba Employee

I see how you can do the bulk provisioning of RAPs with a CSV file. I haven't tried it yet, but here's how it's done. In the WebUI, go to Configuration -> Wizards -> AP Wizard. Select "Remote" for the Deployment Scenario, and at the bottom select "User-Provisioned."

Click next and you'll see the "Import" button and you and put your CSV file in that way and import all your RAPs.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: