ArubaOS and Controllers

MVP

CLI OS Upgrade Commands

Hi Girls and Guys,

I have an A800 which is on OS version 2.4.0.4. I've attempted to upgrade the OS to newer version but it keeps failing. There are no errors shown. I can see that the OS has been uploaded but the Controller just says upload in progress..

I have tried upgrading version: 3.4.2.4, 3.3.3.6 & 2.5.6.18

I attempted to transfer the OS to the controller via FTP & TFTP.

It fails to upgrade the OS every time.

Next logical step for me is to attempt to upgrade the OS via the command line. Can anyone provide the commands to do this?

Failing that, what would you suggest?

Thanks
W
Cheers
James

-------------------------------------------------------
-------------------@whereisjrw-------------------
------------------------blog-------------------------
ACCX #540 | ACMX #353 | ACDX #216
-----------Mobility First Expert #11----------

If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
MVP

Re: CLI OS Upgrade Commands

Use the copy command to place the image file into the switch:
copy tftp: system: partition{0|1}

Answered my own question..
Cheers
James

If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
MVP

This isn't quite going to plan..

(Aruba800-4) #copy tftp: 10.14.248.251 A800_3.4.2.4_23915 system: partition 0
Upgrading partition 0
............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Error upgrading image:transfer timed out

-----------------------------------------

(Aruba800-4) #copy tftp: 10.14.248.251 A800_3.4.2.4_23915 system: partition 1
Upgrading partition 1
................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Error upgrading image:transfer timed out
Cheers
James

MVP

This looks better.

(Aruba800-4) #copy tftp: 10.14.248.251 A800_3.3.3.6_23891 system: partition 0
Upgrading partition 0
........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Copied image successfully.
The system will boot from partition 0 during the next reboot.
Cheers
James

Contributor I

For larger images, you may find that FTP works much better than TFTP. If you have an FTP server available, I recommend that you use that to transfer the images to the controller.
MVP

The imges are all pretty much the same size. ~30MB.

I've been told that I need to go from 2.4 to 2.5 to 3.1 then to any version.
Cheers
James

Occasional Contributor II

I think that's sound advice moving up version that way. They should maintain much of your configuration.

I have found that tftp image upgrades fail at times too ... Which tftp server are you upgrading from?

Although it looks like you are already golden.
Contributor II

What FTP/TFTP Server are you using?

Certain FTP/TFTP servers are old 8-bit code and have issues with images greater than 16,384,000 bytes in size (16M). The old Cisco TFTP and the 3COM 3CServer are known to have this problem. Try a copy of Linux or Filezilla and you might find much better success.

(Check the server you're currently using and see if it starts to fail once you get to about 16M)....
Occasional Contributor II

tftpd32 supports files more than 32 MB in size
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: