Master
Master Backup
Local 1

I had everything up and running.

I had to replace the Master Sup 1 card with a Sup 2 card

I made a backup of my config.

I replaced the card.

Restored Flash, sha1 file, Licenses...

However, I now lost 2 of my SSIDs and can not see the Local in the GUI. I only see my main SSID as well.

I can ping the local.

Any Ideas?
Guru Elite

Make sure your licenses are there

Did you:

- "restore flash"
- apply new licenses
THEN reboot?

Do a "show keys" to make sure that the licenses were really applied.

Did you put the card back into the same slot? Do you have an additional SUP in that 6000?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor II

Re: Can't See Locals After Replacing SUP Cards

In the master there is only 1 sup

In the local there is 2 sups.

Yes, we did everything you suggested.

The licenses say "enabled"
Guru Elite

What did it become

The Supervisor that was replaced, did it become the Master, or the Backup master? Are you sure you used a config (or flashbackup) from today?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Re: Can't See Locals After Replacing SUP Cards

It became the Master.

This is what we did:

1. Backup your current flash for both controllers to a TFTP server
2. normally your would do a ‘wr erase all’ and reload on the new cards, I have done this for you.
2. Copy over the flashbackup.tar.gz file to the flash

3. From the CLI do a ‘restore flash’ (do not reload yet)
4. When that is done, copy over the sha1 file
5. When you do a ‘dir’ you should see ‘default.cfg’ and default.sha1’. Whatever the name of the config file is, the sha file should be named the same with a sha1 extension
6. Reload (do not do a ‘wr mem’ if it asks, but it shouldn’t ask)
7. When it’s reloaded, you will likely need to do a password recover (u-password/p-forgetme!/en-enable) > conf t > mgmt user admin root – set password to ‘fipsadmin’). When you log in, it will be admin/fipsadmin/enable (save this password recover note for future)
8. Look through the config, connect to the GUI on the mgmt port, make sure the RF Plan data is there, etc

Someone Said that the sup cards had to have the same code? How do I check the code?
Guru Elite

Sha1 file

What is the sha1 file? Also, I don't see where you put the licenses for the new controller in... Since you have been down so long, I hope that you are in contact with support...

To see what version of code, you type "show version" on the commandline. If this is FIPs code, that is a completely different animal. I'm going to let the guys from Federal weigh in on this one...

Colin Joseph

Problem fixed

The problem we had - after hours of troubleshooting was the ROLE of the LOCAL was set to master.

When we restored the configuration we "assumed" that the role came with it.

However the ROLE was set as a master - once we changed the ROLE to a LOCAL everything worked great.

Thank you for everyone's help.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: