ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

Can't get to 5 specific IP addresses

Running 5.02.1 on a 3400. My customer uses thin clients and has a terminal server farm that consists of 4 terminal servers. Each terminal server has two NIC's (primary and secondary). There is also an IP for the server farm and the servers load balance clients. Wireless clients cannot connect to any of the primary IP's of the servers or the server farm IP. They can connect to the secondary IP's. They can also surf the Internet and get email. Any idea why the wireless users can't access these 5 specific IP addresses? Wired users can get anywhere. Also, pinging from the controller to any of the 5 addresses takes the servers down. User role is authenticated with allow all policy. Allow all policy is any, any, any, permit. Thoughts? Help!
Guru Elite

Re: Can't get to 5 specific IP addresses

What is the default gateway of the clients?
Are wired and wireless users on the same subnet?
Is the secondary ip address in the same subnet as the primary address?
Are the subnet masks on the clients correct?
Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs

Yes to all. Default gateway is also in the same subnet. I'm thinking it's not an Aruba issue, but the fact that wired clients can go anywhere and wireless clients can't get to those 5 addresses has me not certain that it isn't an Aruba issue. Just can't figure it out.
Aruba Employee

Does the Aruba controller as well as the wired n/w distribution switch connect to the same core switch? Also, the NIC1 and NIC2 on the servers, do they connect to two different uplink device?

Try taking a look into the controller user table and make sure that there is no user entry with the same address as NIC1 address of any of the servers. This wont allow the client traffic to reach the server. Checking the ARP table on the controller would help as well.
Barath Srinivasan
Customer Engineering Architect
Customer Advocacy | Aruba Networks Inc.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did something you read in the Community solve a problem for you? If so, click "Accept as Solution", in the bottom right hand corner of the post.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything connects to the same core switch.

I put static entries into the ARP table for the 5 addresses. No help.

I'll check the user table.
Guru Elite

You might want to if possible, to put some wired clients on the same vlan as the wireless clients to rule out configuration on the Aruba Controller.
Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: