ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

Captive Portal, Guest Provisioning, and Roles

I have a guest network configured with CaptivePortal. Functionally, everything appears to be working correctly on the wireless side. The issue I am running into comes up whenever I create a guest user through a guest-provisioning account. It almost looks like this is a problem I have created for myself.
My guest network uses a custom role for authenticated users, rather than the system role of Guest. When I create an account through guest-provisioning, it is assigned the role of Guest. What I am trying to figure out is if there is a way to change the role assigned to accounts created under guest-provisioning, or if I need to rework my guest network to use the system role for this to work the way I would like.
Occasional Contributor II

Re: Captive Portal, Guest Provisioning, and Roles

You could just delete the standard acls for the guest role and add the allow all acl.
Aruba Employee

I believe this came up before and the outcome was that you could not change the role that was assigned when a user was created via the guest provisioning page. So when a guest-provisioner creates a guest account, the role assigned to the users is "guest" and that cannot be changed.
Frequent Contributor II

The post right above mine is correct if you are using guest provisioning then the role will be guest. It has to do with Aruba using hidden credentials when "guests" login.
David Dipert
Contributor I

I totally agree with you, the ability to customize the guest-provision role should be added to the guest provisioning page.

I have a guest network configured with CaptivePortal. Functionally, everything appears to be working correctly on the wireless side. The issue I am running into comes up whenever I create a guest user through a guest-provisioning account. It almost looks like this is a problem I have created for myself.
My guest network uses a custom role for authenticated users, rather than the system role of Guest. When I create an account through guest-provisioning, it is assigned the role of Guest. What I am trying to figure out is if there is a way to change the role assigned to accounts created under guest-provisioning, or if I need to rework my guest network to use the system role for this to work the way I would like.

Occasional Contributor I

I had the same issue

I had the exact same issue (my authenticated guests fall into a special role that is different than the default guest role).

The solution was:

configuration-> Authentication -> expand Server Group

delete the server rules that are there. Recreate the exact same rules verbatim.

Apply, then save, and bam! It works.

Hopefully it works for you.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: