ArubaOS and Controllers

Contributor I

Captive Portal Issue with Internal DB

I have searched and searched and I can't see any information on the problem that is happening at one of my sites.

We have a guest network that uses Captive Portal with Authentication through the Internal DB on the controller. Up until a couple of days ago, it was working with no problem. However, now, when a user attempts to logon with known good credentials, a message pops up at the top of the form that says "Auth server is out of service."

Has anyone else seen this error, and if so, what is the cause and/or solution?

Running 5.0.3.0 on a 3400 controller

Guest access works fine when using Captive Portal with email registration, so I am leaning towards the Internal DB having some issues.

We tried deleting the WLAN completely and rebuilding it but got the same results.
--
Jeremy R. Wirtz
WLAN Systems Engineer
Contributor I

Re: Captive Portal Issue with Internal DB

So, a reboot fixed the problem. I am still concerned about why it got to that point in the first place however...

Bottom line, the problem is solved for the time being.
--
Jeremy R. Wirtz
WLAN Systems Engineer
Aruba Employee

You should call support if it happens again, I don't suppose you grabbed the tech support logs prior to the reboot?

-awl
Andy Logan, ACDX
Director, Strategic Account Solutions
Aruba Networks
Contributor I

That was going to be the next step (calling support). Hopefully, we won't see this again, but if we do, I have told him how to get the tech support logs and that we would call support.

Thanks for the reply!
--
Jeremy R. Wirtz
WLAN Systems Engineer
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: