ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor I

Captive Portal Issue

Hello,

I've configured a SSID for guest users. PEF license is installed on the controller (Aruba-800) with OS version 3.3.2.21. Whenever I try to open internet explorer to get captiveportal then the attached error comes.

Please help me to solve it.
Guru Elite

Captive Portal Authentication Profile

Hello,

I've configured a SSID for guest users. PEF license is installed on the controller (Aruba-800) with OS version 3.3.2.21. Whenever I try to open internet explorer to get captiveportal then the attached error comes.

Please help me to solve it.

Askmcse,

you get that error when there is no Captive Portal Authentication profile attached to the user's logon role. When the user gets an IP address from the WLAN, do a "show user" or look in the user table and see what role he/she is in. That is the role that you need to go to configuration> Security> Access Control> Edit . Go down to Captive Portal profile and change it to a captive portal profile to allow that user to authenticate via captive portal.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Captive portal issue

Askmcse,

you get that error when there is no Captive Portal Authentication profile attached to the user's logon role. When the user gets an IP address from the WLAN, do a "show user" or look in the user table and see what role he/she is in. That is the role that you need to go to configuration> Security> Access Control> Edit . Go down to Captive Portal profile and change it to a captive portal profile to allow that user to authenticate via captive portal.

Let me try

Thanks in advance

Reg
Occasional Contributor I

Captive portal issue

Let me try

Thanks in advance

Reg

Hi
Its working now, thanks again

Reg
Faisal