ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

Captive Portal Problem

Hi All,

I'm getting a request from my customer that is I think it's impossible but I might want to get some of your opinions.

My customer has multiple SSID's for each level. Wireless@L1 for 1st Floor ,
Wireless@L2 for 2nd Floor and Wireless@L3 for 3rd Floor . All SSID's use Captive Portal for authentication. So when user want to associate to Wireless@L3 admin will create a user account.

Now what they want is that when they create a user account for 3rd Floor user, when user goes down to 1st Floor, the user should not be able to use the account that the admin created.

Is this possible? I have not tested yet and I'm trying to think of a workaround.

Thank you.

Richard.
Aruba Employee

Re: Captive Portal Problem

Where are they wanting to store the guest user info? If this is to be internal to the controller, then we don't have a way of isolating a user to just one SSID (when multiple SSIDs are authenticating against that same internal database).

You could do something like this via Amigopod, where each AP Group (assuming one per floor, in order to config/limit the SSIDs being broadcast) points to a unique captive portal on Amigopod.
Occasional Contributor II

Re: Captive Portal Problem

Yes they are only using the controller's internal DB. I want to try Amigopod but I don't know where to start. I will try to read about it and see what i can suggest to my customer. Thanks bro.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: