ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor I

Captive portal and different subnets

I have a site that has an Aruba 200 Controller running 3.3.2.15 of the Aruba OS.
The site has a single supernet (Windows 2003 DHCP server) that consists of two subnets.

When a client connects to the aruba captive portal SSID, and they get an ip address from the subnet the controller is not on, they show as connected to the controller, but they never get the captive portal page. If they get an IP address in the same subnet as the controller they get the captive portal page just fine.

Non captive portal connections are working fine with no concern with the IP subnet the client gets from the dhcp server.

We were on version 3.1.1.19 and I did not get any complaints on connection issues.

I am not sure where to start with this one.
Guru Elite

ip cp-redirect-address

I have a site that has an Aruba 200 Controller running 3.3.2.15 of the Aruba OS.
The site has a single supernet (Windows 2003 DHCP server) that consists of two subnets.

When a client connects to the aruba captive portal SSID, and they get an ip address from the subnet the controller is not on, they show as connected to the controller, but they never get the captive portal page. If they get an IP address in the same subnet as the controller they get the captive portal page just fine.

Non captive portal connections are working fine with no concern with the IP subnet the client gets from the dhcp server.

We were on version 3.1.1.19 and I did not get any complaints on connection issues.

I am not sure where to start with this one.

Bombardc,

Please use the command at this link http://airheads.arubanetworks.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=543 to solve your problem.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba Employee

Supernetting

Bombardc,

In my experience, the controller has to have an IP address in the subnet range of the client to provide captive portal services. Since you have supernetted your VLAN and the controller doesn't support secondary addresses, the captive portal will most likely not work on the subnets where the controller doesnt have an address (unless Colin's suggestion works).

Why not break the subnets into separate VLANs and put an address on the controller for each?
Occasional Contributor I

Thanks

Thanks for the replies..

I will take a look at the CLI. For a quick fix we expanded the subnet mask for the controller. Not ideal.. but working.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: