ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor I

Captive portal question

we have deployed our captive portal in "guess" mode, so users just have to type anything in the email field to have access. We don't want to go as far as enabling username/password on the portal

I was thinking, has anyone deployed a custom portal where the email field is looking for the "@" sign? meaning users won't have access if they type something like this "kjhjksdhjkhs" and hit enter. So somewhere in the field, the "@" sign has to be present..

thanks
Guru Elite

ArubaOS 3.4

we have deployed our captive portal in "guess" mode, so users just have to type anything in the email field to have access. We don't want to go as far as enabling username/password on the portal

I was thinking, has anyone deployed a custom portal where the email field is looking for the "@" sign? meaning users won't have access if they type something like this "kjhjksdhjkhs" and hit enter. So somewhere in the field, the "@" sign has to be present..

thanks

In ArubaOS 3.4 and above, this is enforced.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Re: Captive portal question

how is it going to be enforced?
Guru Elite

Enforced

It basically makes sure that there is an @ symbol in that field; nothing too complicated. Alternatively, if you have someone who knows html, they can write javascript that can validate that field.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

Re: Captive portal question

New Contributor

Don't have permission for http://www.web-wise-wizard.com/

This would be good. How do I get permission to get here?
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: