ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

Captive portal registration

Is it possible to just have users register their name or email address at the login page, instead of prompting for username/password?
Guru Elite

Re: Captive portal registration

Guest user self-service is only possible using the Amigopod Guest access solution, and not through the controller.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

I dont want to totally disagree with that statement, but it is possible to have guest users login via an email address only, BUT that entry is NOT validated against any database. Therefore anything tjat jas an @ sign it would be accepted. It is also possible to just present an acceptable use policy page...to present terms of use where the user clicks agree and they will be given internet access withour being asked for any redentials. The Amigopod lets you have guests register their own access ... they are creating their own login without any other help- self registration.
Guru Elite

Correct.

You can have the controller only ask for an email address, but it is not validated, just accepted. You cannot enter a name, because the entry must contain an @.

Only validation is available through Amigopod. The word "register" was interpreted to mean Validate.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

I have my guest login is validate VIA ldap. May i add an acl to allow user to access my registration page on the portal?
i will just have to allow http/https to my external link on the logon role?

Will that work?
Guru Elite

Yes. That is how you would do that.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: