ArubaOS and Controllers

Contributor II

Captive portal style sheets

I would like to be able to change the color of the captive portal login form. Is it possible to upload the style sheets from the 3600 WLAN and modify it and download it back into the controller or is this not even recommended?

Regards,
Tony
Guru Elite

Color

The html is fully customizable. I don't see where you can download the original HTML, but attached is a document which shows you how to build your own.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor II

Re: Captive portal style sheets

I'm sorry but I do not see the attached file anywhere.
Guru Elite

No attachment

Yes,

For some reason Airheads is not allowing me to upload it. I will check with the admin.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor II

I am unable to load a custom background at this time. I get a server error. Has anyone ever successfully uploaded a custom background? Are there limitations as to what can or cannot be used?

Regards,
Tony Marques
Aruba Employee

When you say "style sheet," do you mean the css style file or do you mean the html code for the login page? I'll try to attach the original css file from my controller (let's see if it takes mine), but if you're just looking to change color, that's done on the html page.

All you need to do to get that is bring up your login page and "view source" from your browser. Then save it off, modify it, and upload it back to the controller.

Edit: Sorry, I couldn't attach the file either, but I think all you want is the HTML code anyway, not the css style sheet.
Contributor II

Hi Mike,

Thank you very much for the reply. When I change the HTML code to be like this:
body {
background: #000 url(/upload/custom/default/BlueWaves.jpg) top left no-repeat;
font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: 11px;
font-weight: normal;
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
}

and upload the BlueWave.jpg file, the background is black and not what the JPEG file is. Trying to figure out why this is the case without having to call Aruba tech support.

Regards,
Tony Marques
Aruba Employee

Hmmm, I'm no HTML whiz, but just looking at my login page code, all my image file references have several directory changes before the file name, like this:

"guestnet" is my custom profile, but you'll see when I reference my images, they are four directory levels up from the default login page location. I don't know if that's just me or not, but maybe try that on yours to see if it helps. If not, I'm thinking tech support may be your next option.
Contributor I

Hmmm. Looks like a specific reference. I believe that just referencing the file should be used. BlueWaves.jpg. If you used the gui upload function. One of my references to an image for the CP is like this:

San Francisco State University

You'll see no directory is used. A second style sheet could also be used to call refereneces if the style sheet is called in the main page, but that can get clunky if it's not really needed.

If I saw the whole enchilada I could probably come up with an answer. Just don't use the default screen. It must be custom.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: