ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

Captive portal user

Hi,

Is there any way to limit captive portal user base on the MAC address of the computer? what I mean is, I want to eliminate the user for sharing their accounts to others. What I had right now is preventing them for multiple con current used.

Thanks,

BOni
Aruba

Captive portal user

There is a setting in the newer releases of AOS (3.4.x) that enable you
to configure 'limit to 1 session' for captive portal logins.

This should accomplish the prevention of sharing of user credentials on
the guest/captive portal network that you seem to be after.

Rds,

Jason
Occasional Contributor II

aruba user

Yes. It's been done already, but what i'm trying to accomplish is once the user use the account to his/her own computer I could be able to tie it to the MAC address so that she couldn't share it to others.
Guru Elite

Simultaneous-Use

Bsahchez,

There is a radius feature called "Simultaneous-Use" where the user can be prevented from logging into more than one computer at a time. Some radius servers like freeradius and Radiator support this (Microsoft does not). There is also a feature in active directory where you can tie a user account to a mac address here: http://blogs.technet.com/nap/archive/2006/09/08/454705.aspx

What I'm not sure that you can do is to dynamically tie a MAC address to a user upon login.

Maybe the community can chime in on any off-the-shelf or custom solutions to solve your use case.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: