ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

Clients experiencing intermittent internet with 6.0.1.1

Greets all,

I've got a 3600 with 6.0.1.1 that clients on any wireless network are able to view websites randomly. Some sites work fine, some don't work at all, and some will display text but not images.

Currently all users on all of the networks are getting dropped into an authenticed/allowall role (for testing). There is NO proxy/content/web/etc. filtering happening on the network (at the controller or otherwise in the path).

Has anyone else seen this? Was it resolved?

Thanks,
Ken
Guru Elite

Re: Clients experiencing intermittent internet with 6.0.1.1

Question:

- Are the wireless users in the same L2 VLAN as your wired users?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

No, they are not. Running a scope on the controller for the clients and doing L3 from the controller over to an external FW. I'm basically just replacing an existing sonicwall implementation that was in place and working.

...and I can't do NAT because he needs to see the client IPs to run policy against on the FW.
Guru Elite

No problem. What types are clients are these? (a/b/g/n) How many clients are in that wireless network at a time? What encryption are you using, if any?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

2.4n - only have a couple clients on right now for testing...I've got a few SSIDs I'm trying - all with the same effect, but they're PSKs - I've got one set for mixed mode to allow any combo of WPA/WPA2 and AES/TKIP - then there's another that's just WPA2 AES PSK...
Guru Elite

re all SSIDs sending user traffic to the same, or different VLANs? Can you do a traceroute out to some websites and see which hop has the greatest latency? Is there any way to put a wired client on the same layer 2 network and compare?

Colin Joseph

found it...

not sure when it was first available, but you can now have multiple default gateways set up...we had 2...even though the desired one was marked preferred, it was apparently trying to route traffic through the other as well...
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: