ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

Connecting the 200 controller's 2 ports to the same switch

hi all
i want to know if is possible to connect the 2 ports of the aruba 200 controller to the same switch and if it is yes should i enable spanning tree on the both ports or it is not necessary
thanks in advance
Guru Elite

Possible

Yes,

It is possible to connect the two ports of the 200 to the same switch. Since we do not support per-vlan spanning tree, it will probably disable one of those ports, thinking there is a loop. If you disable spanning tree entirely, you will then be able to rely on whatever flavor of spanning tree the switch supports.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor II

Re: Connecting the 200 controller's 2 ports to the same switch

hi,
thanks for your quick reply
but considering that scenario
i have on 200 controller and one unconfigurable switch which is very simple switch that donot have spanning tree ok
when connecting the 2 ports of the controller to 2 ports of the switch
and enable the spanning tree in oe port of the controller and disable it in the 2nd port
is it ok or it will be aloop and the switch will hangs
thanks in advance
Guru Elite

Spanning Tree

The big question is WHY do you want to connect the 200 switch twice to the controller?

You would ONLY disable spanning tree on the Aruba controller IF the switch you are double-connecting it to is running spanning tree ALREADY.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: