ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

Controllers Crashing almost daily...

We recently upgraded both our controllers to vers. 6.1.1.0. Ever since we've been having random crashes 4-5 times a week. Thankfully only 1 controller crashes at a time, so we aren't experiencing down time, but our secondary controller has been taking over a lot. I downloaded the crash logs and at the bottom of the system.log, I see:

KERNEL: 0:sos_cdmp_initiate_coredump: Initiating coredump
Aug 17 10:18:00 stm: <304001> |stm| Unexpected stm (Station management) runtime error at setup_sibyte_station, 7613, setup_sibyte_station: PAPI_Send failed to sibyte

Our students return from summer break starting tomorrow, and we haven't really been experiencing downtime, so we're not fussing with it (opening a case for support) until Fall Break in October. Just curious if anyone has seen this happen before, if there is something obvious that causes it.

Thanks.
Aruba Employee

Controllers Crashing almost daily...

I have seen something like this on that code also and recommend going to 5.0.3.3 (unless you have AP135s) until 6.1.2.3 comes out.
Guru Elite

Re: Controllers Crashing almost daily...

We recently upgraded both our controllers to vers. 6.1.1.0. Ever since we've been having random crashes 4-5 times a week. Thankfully only 1 controller crashes at a time, so we aren't experiencing down time, but our secondary controller has been taking over a lot. I downloaded the crash logs and at the bottom of the system.log, I see:

KERNEL: 0:sos_cdmp_initiate_coredump: Initiating coredump
Aug 17 10:18:00 stm: <304001> |stm| Unexpected stm (Station management) runtime error at setup_sibyte_station, 7613, setup_sibyte_station: PAPI_Send failed to sibyte

Our students return from summer break starting tomorrow, and we haven't really been experiencing downtime, so we're not fussing with it (opening a case for support) until Fall Break in October. Just curious if anyone has seen this happen before, if there is something obvious that causes it.

Thanks.

Stephicus my friend,

Please contact support so that they can analyze your crash and give you the best advice....
Sandiego is right about that level of code, but support should be able to give you the best advice based on your specific issue from your crashes.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: