ArubaOS and Controllers

New Contributor

Copying running-config to ftp server

Hi all,

I'm currently in the process of scripting a backup process running on a Linux box to copy all our device configs to an ftp server.

The backups run on a regular basis using crontab and a folder, specified by date, is created for each set of backups.

Now when I come to issue the copy command on the Aruba controllers (ArubaOS (MODEL: Aruba3400), Version 5.0.3.0) ... I don't seem to have the option to specify a destination path. In other words, I am only able to copy the config to the root of the ftp account on the remote machine.

Does anybody know how a destination path can be specified for the ftp destination?

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Gavin
Guru Elite

Re: Copying running-config to ftp server

Correct, I do not see an option for destination folder. Please contact your local Aruba sales team to request an enhancement.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

Re: Copying running-config to ftp server

I have had the same problem since I upgraded to 5.0.2. I just upgraded to 5.0.3.2, and the problem did not go away. I found that if I change the source a couple of times, the destination options finally appear. I have an ftp server on my desktop, and it worked after that. It's only a work around, of course.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: