ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor I
wcbelk

Custom Captive Portal Webpage

I have an Aruba 3400 Controller that I would like to setup a custom captive portal on. I would like to upload a custom html webpage to use as my captive portal. Where can I get an html file to use as my template or how can I create one. I was told that I need to copy the source code from the window that pops up when you click on the “View CaptivePortal” link at the bottom of the CaptivePortal configuration page. When I do that I can edit the html page and everything looks fine after I upload the file, but the login function no longer works. Users can not authenticate. What is the best way to go about creating a custom captive portal? Thank you for your help.
cjoseph

Re: Custom Captive Portal Webpage

Appendix E in the ArubaOS 6.0 user guide details how to customize the internal Captive Portal.
Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base
Occasional Contributor I
wcbelk

Thank you for your reply. I've tried the basic html coded listed in the documentation and at least that html page works. When I try to copy the source on the default aruba captive portal page and then upload it back to the controller, the page looks nice, but the authentication is part is broken. You can enter a username and password, but when you click login the progress bar quickly goes across the bottom of the browser's screen, but this is as far as you can go. When I say default aruba captive portal, I mean default no changes at all. Has anyone been able to successfully edit the default captive portal to meed their needs. Thanks.
cjoseph

Change the extension in the attached file from .txt to .html and open it in a text editor. It has a default disclaimer and a button that submits "user@company.com" for the username, assuming the Captive Portal profile is allowing guests and not requiring username and password.
Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean