ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

Custom Portal Page w/ Accept button

I am looking for a template for a portal page that has a scrolling User Acceptance policy window and an ACCEPT button. Anyone seen or have one out there? Being a network guy I am completely lost on how to build this.

Aruba6000
Version 3.3.2.12
Guru Elite

Scrolling Accept Page

Mark,

Did you want an accept page with username and password login after, OR did you just want the accept page and then just internet? By the way, ArubaOS 3.4 is coming out with a built-in "accept page" very soon if you can wait for that.
Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs

Re: Custom Portal Page w/ Accept button

Colin,

According to our security team I need to know that the user has accepted our policy as we are going to be offering wide open internet.

When is 3.4 coming out? I need the accept page in the next two weeks.
Guru Elite

ArubaOS 3.4

Mark,

I was told that it was to come out in Early June.

If you can't wait, I'm attaching a sort-of blank template that you can upload as a page with just an accept button. Just change the .txt extension to html and upload it as a custom page.
Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs

Perfect. Thanks very much Colin.
Aruba Employee

Mark - I had someone knowledgeable with web development build a policy accept checkbox for our guest login page. If you can't get anything worked out with the template that Colin posted, let me know and I'll share what I have with you.

Mike,

If you have a scroll box that would be great. Our lawyers drew up a novel!

Thanks
Mark
Aruba Employee

Hi Mark - We have a novel as well, but all we added was the checkbox that a guest must click in order to authenticate. The link to the policy was good enough in our case as the checkbox makes the guest agree to the policy. If they don't click on the link to read it, it's their problem.

Actually, Colin gave me an Agree button that I plan on using and just have the users click that. I agree, no one ever reads the agreement. It is not my concern if they do or don't.

Are you using a scrolling box on your portal page for the legal novel?
Aruba

Demo of 3.4

Mark,

I will reach out to you on Tuesday and walk you through what 3.4 will offer.

Rds,

Jason

Actually, Colin gave me an Agree button that I plan on using and just have the users click that. I agree, no one ever reads the agreement. It is not my concern if they do or don't.

Are you using a scrolling box on your portal page for the legal novel?

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: