ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

Daylight Savings Issue

I am noticing an odd behavior on my 3200 controller today. It appears that the device does not want to leave summer-time mode on the clock. I have adjusted the summer-time settings, trying to reset the DST end date but with no success. It is currently configured with the same NTP server that my other network equipment and servers utilize. A SHOW CLOCK command displays the time as CDT, rather than the CST expected.

The main issue this presents is that the time reported in my syslog entries is incorrect.
Guru Elite

Timezone

I am noticing an odd behavior on my 3200 controller today. It appears that the device does not want to leave summer-time mode on the clock. I have adjusted the summer-time settings, trying to reset the DST end date but with no success. It is currently configured with the same NTP server that my other network equipment and servers utilize. A SHOW CLOCK command displays the time as CDT, rather than the CST expected.

The main issue this presents is that the time reported in my syslog entries is incorrect.

Chris,

What is the output of your "show clock timezone" and "show clock summer-time" commands?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor II

Current

Here are the outputs you requested:

(Aruba3200) #show clock

Tue Nov 3 08:11:36 CDT 2009

(Aruba3200) #show clock timezone

clock timezone cst -6

(Aruba3200) #show clock summer-time

clock summer-time CDT recurring 2 sunday march 02:00 first sunday november 02:00 -5

As another test, I changed the summer-time setting to end on the last Sunday of October. This resulted in the clock switching to CST. Changing it back to the first Sunday of November reverted the time-zone to CDT. Could this be an artifact from the first Sunday being the 1st of the month?
Guru Elite

Support Case

Here are the outputs you requested:

(Aruba3200) #show clock

Tue Nov 3 08:11:36 CDT 2009

(Aruba3200) #show clock timezone

clock timezone cst -6

(Aruba3200) #show clock summer-time

clock summer-time CDT recurring 2 sunday march 02:00 first sunday november 02:00 -5

As another test, I changed the summer-time setting to end on the last Sunday of October. This resulted in the clock switching to CST. Changing it back to the first Sunday of November reverted the time-zone to CDT. Could this be an artifact from the first Sunday being the 1st of the month?

Chris,

Open a support case. I don't think that should happen.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba Employee

Re: Daylight Savings Issue

Sounds like it. It may be looking for the first Sunday after a week begins on Monday. If you change the date to 11/9 and it works then it's certainly the case. Please open a ticket with support.

Thx.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: