ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

Delete Legacy Database?

When I SSH into my two controllers I get the following message

"Legacy database exported to /flash/config/legacy_db.udb. Please save to external server and delete it."

Is this a file I can delete or does it need to stay on the controller. I know it says I can delete it, I just want to verify first to see what it's used for?
Guru Elite

Re: Delete Legacy Database?

The ArubaOS version that you upgraded from does NOT have an encrypted user database. The one you upgrade TO, does have one. If you downgraded, that file is there to provide you access to the unencrypted database, since the old OS does not understand an encrypted one.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Regular Contributor I

So does that mean we can delete it? I got the same message on my backup master controller (3600). I copied the file to my tftp server, but I'm not able to delete the file from the controller.

(Aruba3600-2) #delete legacy_db.udb
^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

I don't mind the file being there, just wondering why I got the message on one controller and not the other?

Or if I do need to delete - after all, the controller told me to delete it :confused:- how do I go about doing so?

Guru Elite

# delete filename legacy_db.udb

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Regular Contributor I

And thus the difference between "delete filename " and just "delete "

Thanks.

Occasional Contributor I

This just happen to me as well. We had some entries in our internal DB for MAC auth. It seems like MAC auth is still working and I can see the entries in the DB from the command line but not in the GUI. Are the accounts in the internal DB still functional after an upgrade like this?
Thanks
Guru Elite

If you just upgraded the controller, please clear your browser cache to see the pages rendered correctly.

Colin Joseph

Occasional Contributor I

That did it, Thanks. So during the upgrade your current internal database was encrypted and is now the one in use, and sub sequent entries will be encrypted. The old internal database is legacy_db.udb and can be deleted since it is no longer in use. Correct?
Guru Elite

If you ever think of downgrading, it will use that copy of the database that was made when you upgraded. You should leave it there for a few, and delete after some time, just in case.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: