ArubaOS and Controllers

Contributor II

Device Fingerprinting and RAPs

I've been doing some testing and it appears that the "Option" information isn't present in DHCP requests coming from clients on RAP's. Is this true? Is there something that I need to enable to allow this to work with a RAP?

b
Aruba

Device Fingerprinting and RAPs

Option information is contained WITHIN a standard DHCP packet, so I would think it would not get modified by RAP, non-RAP or any deployment.

Have you verified this with a quick wireshark capture ? Grep on the DHCP Discover and see if the options are there... they should be per standard.
Contributor II

Re: Device Fingerprinting and RAPs

I have not done a capture yet. I don't have a wireshark server ready for that controller to dump the session to. I was wondering if the RAP was doing something to the packets themselves..??
Guru Elite

I've been doing some testing and it appears that the "Option" information isn't present in DHCP requests coming from clients on RAP's. Is this true? Is there something that I need to enable to allow this to work with a RAP?

b

The ability to detect and make changes on DHCP option information is only available on clients that have a forwarding mode of tunnel at this time.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor II

OK! It was a split-tunnel VAP.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: