ArubaOS and Controllers

Contributor I

Digicert Aruba 2.5

I need to get a non-default certificate installed on ArubaOS 2.5. We have a wildcard cert from Digicert. I've generated the CSR using OpenSSL and sent it over to Digicert. I received the certs from Digicert and combined them into a .pem file like trschick suggested and them uploaded via Maintenance -- > Captive Portal --> Upload Certificate. Captive Portal is still using the default certificate after the upload. I don't think the cert got uploaded. I know that newer ArubaOS versions have an option for selecting which cert you want to use but I can't find one in 2.5.

BTW we are upgrading to 6.x soon but need to get this working before 6/29 default certificate expiry date.

Does anyone have an idea how to resolve this problem or had a similar issue?
Guru Elite

Re: Digicert Aruba 2.5

Please open a case so that this can get looked at. Very few people still use ArubaOS 2.5, so you could be running into an issue such as 2048 bit certs cannot be used. All in all, you might have to upgrade to get this working right. If you have a controller running 2.5, you probably will only be able to upgrade it to 5.x, which could fix your certificate issue.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

Redirect problem

Thank you for your response Colin. I did open a support case with Aruba but they haven't been able to help me much.

I did get the controller to accept a 1024 as well as a 2048 certificate with specific root chain order and private rsa key but now I can't get the redirect to work. This is a wildcard cert it tries to redirect to *.domain.com and saying its not available. I looked at the logon role policies and there isn't anything special there, mainly a captiveportal policy with dst-nat to controllers IP.

Any ideas?
Guru Elite

Re: Digicert Aruba 2.5

According to the knowledgebase, wildcard certs are not supported on the Aruba infrastructure.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: