ArubaOS and Controllers

Disconnecting clients with high values of "Station Ageout Time"

IWe've recently noticed that some wireless clients fail to connect to the network if the "Station Ageout Time" is too high. We've tested it with timeouts ranging from 1 day to 10 days and have experienced than whenever this parameter is set to more than 5 days (more or less) some wireless clients (such as MacBook Pro) keep disconnecting (in fact, they do manage to connect but disconnect after 5-10 s).

Have any of you guys found this issue too? It's not a big deal, I'm just a bit curious.

In any case, I don't really get the difference between "Station Ageout Time" and "Station Ageout Inteerval". Do you know were the nuance may be?

Thanks a lot
Samuel Pérez
ACMP, ACCP, ACDX#100

---

If I answerd your question, please click on "Accept as Solution".
If you find this post useful, give me kudos for it ;)
Guru Elite

Re: Disconnecting clients with high values of "Station Ageout Time"

Question:

What type of encryption are you using? Since you said that you are using macs, if you are using 802.1x and WPA2 encryption, in your 802.1x profile you need to enable "Validate PMKID" for the reasons in the article here: http://airheads.arubanetworks.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=914
That should improve problems with macs and other devices that do NOT support OKC.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Re: Disconnecting clients with high values of "Station Ageout Time"

Well, the funniest part is that there is no encryption. It is just an open network with its web portal for guest access.
Samuel Pérez
ACMP, ACCP, ACDX#100

---

If I answerd your question, please click on "Accept as Solution".
If you find this post useful, give me kudos for it ;)
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: