ArubaOS and Controllers

Contributor I

Enable Guest Login on Guest Portal Page

I am running 3.4 Aruba OS on my controller. Planning to enable to guest login on my guest portal so that users without register can still pass through but with limited features. Since i am running version 3.4, i can only enable or disable this feature. i can't seem to find a way to assign role attach to the guest login after user enter their email address on the portal.

I have few question on how this works.

1. After i enable this feature on the guest portal alone with my user authentication, what role does it assign once user enter their email address?

2. Can i assign different role or just modify the current build-in role?

3. where's the email that users enter? Where they actually send to? the internal DB?

4. I assume user may just enter any email address? xxxx@yyyy.com? ....etc

Thank you!
Guru Elite

Re: Enable Guest Login on Guest Portal Page

I am running 3.4 Aruba OS on my controller. Planning to enable to guest login on my guest portal so that users without register can still pass through but with limited features. Since i am running version 3.4, i can only enable or disable this feature. i can't seem to find a way to assign role attach to the guest login after user enter their email address on the portal.

I have few question on how this works.

1. After i enable this feature on the guest portal alone with my user authentication, what role does it assign once user enter their email address?

2. Can i assign different role or just modify the current build-in role?

3. where's the email that users enter? Where they actually send to? the internal DB?

4. I assume user may just enter any email address? xxxx@yyyy.com? ....etc

Thank you!

1. You enable this on the Captive Portal authentication profile that is attached to that WLAN by enabling the "Guest Login" checkbox. The Captive Portal Authentication Profile is at Configuration> Security> Authentication> L3 uthentication.
2. In the same Captive Portal Authentication Profile, there is a "Defaut Guest Role" which represents what role a user will get if he puts in an email address. You can make it any role, or create your own role and then assign that new role to that parameter
3. The Javascript just ensures that there is an @ in the field. Besides that, nothing is really validated or stored with regards to the email
4. Yes.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

Colin,

The default role also assign to the register users when authenticated. I want to assign different role to users without register user name and password. It will defeat the purpose if they both share the same role. Any idea? :confused:

Thanks
Guru Elite

There are two parameters that decide what role guests get in the Captive Portal Authentication Profile:

1. The "Default Role" is what guests who login with username and password get. If you have guests users defined in your internal database and they have a role configured, when they authenticate it will override this "Default Role" parameter.

2. The "Guest Defaut Role" is the role that guests who just put in an email address get.

For either of these to work, you need to enable the "user login" checkbox, which will enable a username and password dialog for users in example 1. If you also enable the "guest login" checkbox, that will enable and display a single login box for email addresses corresponding to example 2.

In the most complicated deployment, you would have both checkboxes for "user login" and "guest login" enabled in the Captive Portal Authentication Profile and they would both function as described:

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

thank you colin!

you always got the answer i want :)
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: