ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor I

Error retrieving configuration Module SAPM client is Busy

Hi,

I'm getting the error above, when trying to access an AP65, which has just been installed at one of our offices. The AP has all led's on but will not advertise it's ssid ? I have re configured the AP but still having the same problem. Leaving it for a long time seems to sort it's self out ? Any idea's on what the problem is ? is it just down to a lot of RF noise in the area ?

Many Thanks

Paul.
Guru Elite

Questions

1. What version of ArubaOS
2. Is this a master, or a local controller
3. If this is a local controller, does it have contact with the master
4. Has this always worked before?
Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs
Occasional Contributor I

Re: Error retrieving configuration Module SAPM client is Busy

OAW-6000 OS is 3.1.1.17, this is on the Master controller and this has all ways worked before.

I have also noticed that we as see lot of other people's wifi ? will it help if we make them as a rouge device ? or interfearing device ?

Thanks for the help.

Paul
Guru Elite

Version

The version of code on that controller is very old, and it could be that the SAPM error is based on a problem with that code. You should open a case to verify that.

If you see access points that are interferring, just leave them alone or mark them known interferring when you identify them. They will not do any harm to your APs, typically.
Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs
Occasional Contributor I

Thanks for that, I'll upgrade the OS and let you no how it goes.

Many Thanks

Paul.
Occasional Contributor I

Hi,

I've upgraded to 3.4.2.2 and I'm still getting the same problem. The controller simes to be to bizzy. When a Remote AP come up (with all LED's alight) It still will not show any SSID's ? If you leave it for hours it will start working ? Any idea's ?
Guru Elite

Hmmm...

Do you see the access point as "active" on the controller?
Colin Joseph

Occasional Contributor I

I think we have found the problem. We have a controller card which supports 128 AP. The supplier said we could have remote ap's and internal ap's and with remote ap's as long as you have a remote ap license you could have 4 remote ap's would equal 1 internal ap license (which is not the case !!!!!) wheather it is remote ap's or internal one's, once you get to 128 ap's that's it.

So it looks like we need to get a new controler card.
Aruba Employee

On the legacy hardware (SUP-2/1, SC-48, 2400, 800, 200) that is correct, max AP count is max AP count. The new hardware (M3, 3x00, 6xx) essentially has a 4:1 ratio that was mentioned.
Jerrod Howard
Sr. Techical Marketing Engineer
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: