ArubaOS and Controllers

Frequent Contributor II

Excessive roaming

Hi all, since our upgrade to 3.4.0.3 we've had reports of clients being bounced from AP to AP. In the office, there is an AP just a few feet away and one in another building. That one is just in range (no bars), my laptop is getting bounced from one to the other every few seconds. This def did not happen before, I have updated the drivers (3945abg) and its the same.

Before I do a tech support any ideas???

James
Aruba Employee

Re: Excessive roaming

Roaming is generally decided upon by the client, which would make me think something is changing in your environment. Is the AP that's close maybe too close, or has some sort of obstruction between it and you? If you move your laptop to a different position on the desk does the same thing occur?

-awl
Andy Logan, ACDX
Director, Strategic Account Solutions
Aruba Networks
Frequent Contributor II

Its only just about reachable, in all our sites we've got 150% coverage with the idea being if an AP is overloaded or fails another one takes over.

I've not had this issue before, we've had the system over a year and since the update I've noticed, also on my PDA. It just does a "blip" and jumps to the very weak AP and then after a few secs, blips back again.

I wondered if the AP is kicking the client off and the same thing on the other one? This is a global SSID which tunnels back to the controller however the APs are remotes doing a local breakout for each site.

Cheers.
Guru Elite

Open a Case

Its only just about reachable, in all our sites we've got 150% coverage with the idea being if an AP is overloaded or fails another one takes over.

I've not had this issue before, we've had the system over a year and since the update I've noticed, also on my PDA. It just does a "blip" and jumps to the very weak AP and then after a few secs, blips back again.

I wondered if the AP is kicking the client off and the same thing on the other one? This is a global SSID which tunnels back to the controller however the APs are remotes doing a local breakout for each site.

Cheers.

James,

Please open a case so that you can get this looked at in detail.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor II

Yep will do, just about to do a tech support for general "health check" by our suppliers following our upgrade. Could just be a "funny" as now kids are back, I've not been swamped with complaints. Otherwise noticed a few other little bugs in the GUI which I'm gonna feedback.

Thanks.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: