ArubaOS and Controllers

Contributor I

FTP problems After upgrade

I do not know if this is the right place to post.

Before the holidays I was running code 3.x.x. I was able to use my Ipad to FTP to another Ipad or laptop and retrieve files. I upgraded to code 5.x.x. Now, If both the Ipads are connected to the same AP I can FTP between the two. But if one Ipad is connected to a different AP I can not FTP between the two Ipads or laptops.

Is there a new security setting in the code that can be changed or do I even want to make such a change.
Guru Elite

Re: FTP problems After upgrade

I do not know if this is the right place to post.

Before the holidays I was running code 3.x.x. I was able to use my Ipad to FTP to another Ipad or laptop and retrieve files. I upgraded to code 5.x.x. Now, If both the Ipads are connected to the same AP I can FTP between the two. But if one Ipad is connected to a different AP I can not FTP between the two Ipads or laptops.

Is there a new security setting in the code that can be changed or do I even want to make such a change.

Try doing a "show datapath session table " on the commandline while you are attempting to do the FTP.
Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs
Contributor I

The command shows nothing.

My user runs an ipad app called filer. This app makes the ipad an ftp server using port 2121. If both wireless devices are connected to the same AP it works. If one device is connected to a different AP it does not work. We also noticed that it will not work a workstation to the ipad ether.

Guru Elite

Well,

If "show datapath session table " shows nothing, that means that user is not connected, or not passing any traffic at the time.

What would be helpful is to find out what role each user that is trying to communicate is in and then type "show rights " to make sure that no traffic on that port is being blocked.
Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: