ArubaOS and Controllers

New Contributor

Failover between 2 ISPs on Controller

My client is using 1 Aruba's 620 controller.

Clients has 2 internet connections and wants to have redundancy.

like, when 1 ISP fails, controller should fallback to other ISP automatically.

Is it possible?

Client has 1 Controller and 2 RAPs
Guru Elite

Re: Failover between 2 ISPs on Controller

It is not possible today.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

Unfortunately, the ArubaOS does not do a good job when dealing with redundant links. Unless the port/interface on the Aruba goes down (or you are using OSPF) the route will not be removed from the table and the back up route to the other ISP will not take over.

What we have done for a few different sites is to use a "layer 3" switch or router as the default gateway for the Aruba controller. Then allow the router / L3 switch make the "intelligent" routing decision as to which ISP link to send the traffic.

You can use dynamic routing protocols, IP SLA (Cisco... i am sure other vendors have similar functions), or route tracking to help the router determine when to move traffic over to the other ISP link.

Hope this helps...
Guru Elite

Correct, there is nothing built into the controller to do any ISP redundancy. Most of the features in the platform are customer-driven. If this feature is desired, please contact your Aruba sales representative to open an RFE.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: